Before coming to Springfield College, Frank Torre was a member of the technical staff at Bell Telephone Laboratories, attended graduate school at Rutgers University, and was a post-doctoral fellow at the University of Rochester.
- Teaching chemistry
- History of chemistry
- General Chemistry
- General Chemistry Laboratory
Certifications and Memberships
- Member of the American Chemical Society, Division of Chemical Education, Division of History of Chemistry
- Certified Chemical Hygiene Officer
- F.J. Torre and J. Smist, Why Flip Now after Forty Years of Successfully Teaching General Chemistry? Presented at the 247th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Dallas TX, Mar 16-19, 2014.
- F.J. Torre and J. M.D. Smist, From Outmoded to Modern Chemical Laboratories in One Year! presented at the 242nd National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Denver, CO, Aug. 27-31, 2011.
- Wun, C.K. and F.J. Torre, Motility Channel Pathogen Detector and Method of Use, U.S. Patent 5,733,736 (31 Mar 98) A detector and method for determining pathogenic E. Coli O157:H7 (Springfield College's only patent)