Welcome to the Springfield College Child Development Center. The Child Development Center facilitates a child-initiated curriculum that encourages the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development of our youngest learners, which helps in building confidence that continues throughout life. Teachers focus on the process of learning in a way that makes it fun for children. The Child Development Center truly is great place to learn, grow, and achieve.
With a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or a related field, Child Development Center teachers are trained well beyond the state’s requirements. They also are CPR and first aid certified.
The Springfield College Child Development Center is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), an independent group of educators that set child care standards in the areas of health, safety, staff qualifications, classroom environment, learning programs, and children’s activities. Only seven percent of the more than 80,000 child care centers in the country are accredited by NAEYC. The Springfield College Child Development Center is proud to be one of them. In addition, the Child Development Center is licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care.
Visit the Child Development Center
The staff at the Child Development Center invites any parent or guardian interested in learning more, to visit and take a tour in order learn more about how the center can assist your toddler or preschool-aged child in their early learning. The Child Development Center is open Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. For questions, or to schedule a tour and meet with a staff member, please call (413) 788-2451.
Springfield College Child Development Center
715 Wilbraham Road
Springfield, MA 01109
The Child Development Center is located in between East Campus and the Loomis Lakeside Retirement Community.
Note: New England Farm Worker's Vouchers are welcomed.
- The center provides children from toddler-age through PreK a stimulating environment in which to learn, play, and grow into thoughtful, caring, productive youngsters.
- The Child Development Center promotes an integrated learning approach where physical, social, emotional, and communication skills are developed.
- Teachers help children to develop their sense of competency, perception, and self esteem, all core components of a healthy young person.
- Each classroom incorporates a mix of certified teachers, teaching assistants, and Springfield College students who are completing internships in disciplines such as early childhood education, occupational therapy, psychology, physical education, and art therapy.
- Children are encouraged to question, explore, examine, and take part in activities that peak the natural curiosity so important to childhood.
- The Child Development Center combines the best of nature with the best of nurture in a natural setting at the edge of Springfield College’s 52-acre East Campus, encompassing a wide expanse of wooded and lakeshore terrain.