The mission of the Academic Advising Center at Springfield College is to assist each student in exploring learning opportunities inside and outside of the classroom, while successfully negotiating the academic rigors of the college environment. In addition, academic advising assists students in formulating and following an educational plan that prepares the student for leadership in service to humanity and is consistent with the student’s values, abilities, and career and life goals.
Academic Advising Center Staff
The Academic Advising Center staff fosters this mission through their work with undergraduate students, faculty, and staff in the School of Arts, Sciences and Professional Studies; the School of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation; and the School of Health Sciences and Rehabilitation Studies. More specifically, the Academic Advising Center staff:
- coordinates advising and programming for undeclared students and general studies majors.
- assists with advising and registration for incoming first-year and transfer students.
- provides ongoing advising resources for undergraduate students, as well as support and training for their academic advisors.
- conducts transfer credit evaluations for new students and transfer credit pre-approvals for continuing students.
- collaborates with other academic support services, deans, faculty, and student services departments to foster student learning and academic success.
Location: Administration Building, Room 108
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (413) 748-3379
Fax: (413) 748-3937